Wednesday, November 9, 2016

My Thoughts on our 2016 Presidential Election as Published on Facebook this evening.

I always enjoy discussing and debating politics, people are usually surprised at my political stance. After 2012 I stopped with FB political posts for the most part aside from the occasional meme etc. This was because although I enjoy debate, you can't debate ideologues on social media. It is best in person.
I didn't like the way the votes went in 2008 or 2012, but I didn't protest in the streets. I quietly turned to my wife and told her what would happen in 2016. She can tell you I was right.
As the 2016 election cycle carried on, I kept quiet unless asked, I carried my support for the candidate that was best for my family, my country, and my future. I laughed as the media got it wrong throughout and missed the obvious, full stadiums didn't match up with polls. People weren't bought by Trump with impressive pop culture icons. People who were forgotten by globalization finally has someone who listened. Do you know how many factories my feet have walked in the Midwest that are now empty? This is what drove people out yesterday.
Trump gave a great acceptance speech, Hillary followed with her speech this morning - I have seen silly comments and hashtags all day. Yes I still laugh at the memes - but seriously folks let's get together, work hard, and make America great again!

- Walter

Process Engineer, MBA Student, and Skateboarder.

No comments:

Post a Comment